Custom building is always one part creative execution and one part technical challenge.
This eastern seaboard-style home was no different. Burkholder and the architect worked to design and build a magnificent northern Michigan home as envisioned by the customer that still conformed to an irregularly shaped piece of property. The result? A grand scale 4,300 square foot, fieldstone-accented residence that has a sense of belonging amidst the trees and water of the region.
The home features:
- A completely round turret designed for an upstairs office and downstairs sunroom
- Custom trim and cabinets in the turret
- Extensive use of indigenous fieldstone
- Custom-built cherry kitchen, including cabinets and floors
- Cedar shake roof and siding
- A family-sized fieldstone fireplace
- An all-cedar den and game room
- Covered porches
- Second level view deck
Northern Accent - Case Study Gallery